Adobe Launch not just an upgraded version of DTM. Launch is an entirely new product with a new code base. The system has been re-architected from scratch using modern front-end development practices and an API-first approach. Adobe Launch was released to all customers in March 2018 after 2 years of design work from the same people that originally built Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager (DTM).
Some DTM concepts have been split, and some joined together. In Launch, the Rules tab has been split in two. Rules still exist, but now so do Data Elements . It inherits many features of DTM, and adds many new features on a single page:
Key User Interface Differences between DTM and Adobe Launch:
The DTM looks like this:
The Launch looks like this:
Launch Rule has a few more features than DTM Rule:
- Launch supports more built-in Event Types, more than 30, and currently office continue to increase the supported types;
- Event Type on Launch supports multiple Events,For example, the same rule can be fired for click as well change and keypress.
- Launch supports single page applications (SPAs) better;
- Rule Ordering controls trigger priority；
- Actions in Rule support multiple serialization.
- And so on;
In DTM, the Data Element belongs to Rules, and now in Launch, it is independent.
Launch supports more data element types and Storage Duration.