In this section, we will talk about how to track page dwell time and page visit depth through Adobe Launch. This needs to be achieved through an extension.
The setting logic is similar to the previous setting. It can even be said that all setting events, eVars and Props are such a process.
Let ’s take a look at the specific setup process:
1、Install Time and Scroll Event Extensions
In Adobe Launch, click Extensions> Catalog, search for Scroll, and then click Install:
Then open this Extensions and see if you want to configure:
No configuration necessary.
Create a Rule and name it Page Scroll 25%:
Create an event and name it Time and Scroll Event-Combined Time Spent and Scroll Depth; Extension select Time and Scroll Event; Event Type select Combined Time Spent and Scroll Depth:
- Threshold for time spent is the setting event, the unit is second;
- Threshold for scroll depth is the setting of the browsing ratio, the unit is the page percentage;
- Fire once per page only, only triggered once, not triggered when the user pulls up;
- On short pages, fire after timeout, only fires when it times out.
- Advanced configuration is to set a delay and send it after a period of time.
Both thresholds must be numeric and > 0. The scroll depth threshold must be <= 100. The delay before measuring page height must be > 0. Triggered when both thresholds are satisfied. If you only want to track one, you can set the other very small. For example, if you want to track the stay time of the page, you can set Scroll to 1%.
Configure the first ACTIONS. Here we use Event to track and Event10（You also need to enable event10 in Adobe Analytics so that you can see the data in Adobe Analytics）:
Set the second ACTIONS and do the following configuration:
3、Test and Publish
Publish to the test environment or online environment, and then simulate the operation to see if the data is triggered:
Look, the data is out.