Table of Contents
This is actually event tracking. Let’s use a case to explain how to do Click Tracking Implementation. Suppose we need to track the user ’s click on the Adobe Launch Guide. The location is shown below:
Create A Rule
The Event Type selection in Event is Click, and you will see the following interface:
- specific elements are precisely targeted clicks
- any element is tracking all clicks
Return to the page, move the mouse to the position you want to track, right-click, and select “Inspect”:
Right-click copy and select “copy selector”:
Paste to Elements matching the CSS selector：
- and having certain property values … additional properties the tag has that you want to match. It is officially not recommended to use this method. It will change the logic of the library. Basically, CSS can be accurately positioned. You don’t need to check this.
- If the element is a link, delay navigation——The purpose of this is to launch a page jump so that the event has time to trigger, and generally does not need to be checked. You can enter the desired delay in milliseconds. The default value is 100 milliseconds.
- Run this rule even when the event originates from a descendant element——Allow events on child elements to bubble
- Allow this rule to run even if the event already triggered a rule targeting a descendant element——Allow events on child elements to bubble
- After the rule runs, prevent the event from triggering rules targeting ancestor elements——Prevent triggering of higher-level positioning. Generally unselected, it will affect other events.
After opening, do the following configuration, first set the variables：
To use Events here, we need to go to Adobe Analytics to enable,Go to the success event in the report suite to start an event. Here is event1
Then return to Launch Settings Events, as follows:
After saving, click “+” behind Action
Then do the following settings:
Choose the second one and don’t consider it as a PV type. Link Name can be set to https://www.bbccss.com/docs/adobe-launch, or blank .
Publish and Test
Click on this position where you tracking and you can see that event1 has been recorded.