Meet Enhanced Measurement Events
Enhanced Measurement Events are built-in events, just need to be enabled in the web data stream, No code changes are required, and Google Analytics tag starts sending events right away.
There are two points of note:
- Enhanced Measurement Events are enabled by default.
- Personally identifiable information cannot be collected through Enhanced Measurement Events.
Enhanced Measurement Events Categories
Enhanced Measurement Events include 6 type :
Each time the page loads or the browser history state is changed by the active site
- Event Name：page_view
- Event Parameters：page_location 、page_referrer
This event is collected automatically, you cannot turn off collection.
The first time a user reaches the bottom of each page (i.e., when a 90% vertical depth becomes visible)
- Event Name：scroll
- Event Parameters：No parameters
Each time a user clicks a link that leads away from the current domain
- Event Name：click
- Event Parameters：link_classes、link_domain、link_id、link_url、outbound (boolean)
each time a user performs a site search, indicated by the presence of a URL query parameter
By default, the event is triggered based on the presence of one of the following 5 parameters(q、s、search、query、keyword) in the URL，you can customize up to 10 parameters
- Event Name：view_search_results
- Event Parameters：search_term
For embedded videos that have JS API support enabled, the following events are triggered:
- Event Name：video_start、video_progress、video_complete
- Event Parameters：video_current_time、video_duration、video_percent、video_provider、video_title、video_url visible (boolean)
Triggered when the user downloads the following file: pdf|xlsx?|docx?|txt|rtf|csv|exe|key|pp(s|t|tx)|7z|pkg|rar|gz|zip|avi|mov|mp4|mpe?g|wmv|midi?|mp3|wav|wma
- Event Name：file_download
- Event Parameters：file_extension、file_name、link_classes、link_domain、link_id、link_text、link_url
Setup Example: Enable Video engagement
Check “Video engagement” and click Save.
There are many ways to view the data report of Enhanced Measurement Events, I will introduce three ways here:
All events will be in the event report, in Google Analytics 4 , click 「Report」——「Life cycle」——「Engagement」——「Events」：